Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Journal Prompt


“Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.”   

 
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
 

Often we blame others for our unrest. Have you heard yourself say phrases like these? “He drives me crazy when he _____________.” “I hate it when __________.” “I wish she would _____________.” I’m not saying that what other people do isn’t annoying or frustrating, but we are the ones who determine how we react—externally and internally.

When I don’t take care of myself, my defenses are down. That’s when I’m most likely to get bent out of shape by the behaviors of others. I let external factors alter my sense of peace. But when I go to bed early (which enables me to awaken on my own without an alarm), eat wisely (avoiding sugar and processed food), practice yoga, read inspiring literature, write in my journal and meditate daily, I am fortified. I can better weather life’s annoyances, promoting peace within myself and sharing it with those around me.

What’s one way you can
promote peace for yourself today?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment