Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sunday Journal Prompt


 “Human spirit is the ability to face the uncertainty of the future with curiosity and optimism.”

 – Bernard Beckett 


Our family is about to experience a big transition: both of our sons will be off to college in a few weeks. Our older son will live on his own for the first time, our youngest son will share a dorm room with three people he hasn’t yet met, and my husband and I will no longer have children under our roof on a daily basis.

“What will it be like?” my friend Jackie asked me yesterday. Since our house has long been a hub for the boys’ friends, our home will be quieter. My husband and I will have more time to spend with each other and with our friends. Beyond that, I’m not sure what to expect. As hard as it will be to have the boys gone, I’m looking forward to discovering what our new life will bring. 



What transition awaits you? How can you approach it with curiosity and optimism?


2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post so far -- because as you know, I'm in the same boat! I would love to see a "healing yoga move" to go with this prompt! Perhaps the downward facing frog! Perfect position for journaling, too. #ReRootingSelf Love you girl! Thanks for these! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kirsten! Good luck with all that's ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete