Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday Journal Prompt

“No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.”

– Robert Frost
 
 
English professor and author Peter Elbow says if it weren’t for “surprises,” no one would be motivated to write. I am a different person after most journaling sessions, as I’ve discovered something new about myself or about what I think. 

Journal writing allows me to view a situation or a decision from a new perspective. In fact, I’m routinely surprised by what arises in my subconscious through writing about something to which I’ve devoted a lot of thought. The surprises are what keep me coming back.



What thoughts do you have about a situation or decision that’s been on your mind? Through writing, allow yourself to surprise yourself.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment