Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Journal Prompt

"You don’t ever have to feel tired. The energy is already there. We just have to stop dragging ourselves down with our own thoughts, our own worries and our own fears. That’s what robs us of our joy." 
 
 
 – Gloria Latham, yoga teacher

 
The notion that I didn’t have to ever feel emotionally tired again was awe-inspiring to me. So often I found myself dragging through the day, even if I’d slept enough. I thought of myself as a victim of my to-do list, but I’m the one who created it. I felt I didn’t have enough time to take care of myself, but I chose to make other tasks a priority.

When self-defeating thoughts, worries and fears enter your mind, acknowledge them for a moment then bid them adieu. When monks bow while meditating, they acknowledge that their minds wandered. They are human too. It’s pulling ourselves back on track over and over again that shows our commitment to ourselves and energizes us.

 
Acknowledge your thoughts, worries and fears in your journal then close the book on them to boost your energy. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment