Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Journal Prompt

“The more passions and desires one has, 

the more ways one has of being happy.”


                                                                                   -  Charlotte Catherine, 17th century Princess of Monaco

During the roughest times in my life, I lost my interest in what makes me happy—family, friends, reading, writing, yoga, teaching, traveling and cooking. Knowing that the dark days of winter can bring me down, in December I enrolled in glassblowing classes with my son, a preemptive strike of sorts. I fell in love with the proximity to 2,000-degree ovens, the feeling of shaping molten glass with giant tweezers, the act of creation. Finding this new source of joy that I could share with my son sustained my spirits throughout the bitter-cold winter. I suspect it helped me maintain my energy and passion for other activities that have long brought me happiness.

What are your passions and desires? How do they bring you happiness? 

Are there new activities or hobbies you’d like to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment