Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday Journal Prompt

“When you pen down your dreams, an inner strength and divine power is activated.”

– Lailah Gifty Akita


Last week I overheard two women talking, one sharing about the stress she’s feeling over her divorce. Her friend listened attentively then shared how journaling had helped her manage pain and stress related to medical challenges. “I journaled about everything, and in three months I was better,” the second woman said. While I imagine she pursued additional treatments beyond journaling, my experience has been similar. 

When I was sick with Crohn’s disease and grieving my mother’s death, writing about my situation and envisioning a life without physical and emotional pain gave me an inner strength and aided healing. I was able to unload some of my pain onto the page, reducing the weight I was carrying. It took time and wasn’t linear, but journaling was pivotal to my recovery—and eventually helped me position myself to pursue a new path as a stronger version of myself.


What stress are you experiencing? Imagine what it would feel like to reduce or unload the burden. What might your life look like?


No comments:

Post a Comment