Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sunday Journal Prompt

“When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.”

– Winston Churchill 

“Don’t borrow trouble,” was a phrase I recall hearing when I was a child. It sounded like wise advice, but it was hard for me to stop thinking of whatever I was worried about, such as a new school year or an upcoming surgery. Telling myself not to think about something seemed to magnify its power.

Enter journaling. By writing down what consumed my thoughts, I was able to interact with my worries at a deeper level—and reduce them. Rather than not thinking about something, I immersed myself in it to gain a new perspective. When I find myself held hostage by worry, I try to remind myself of this reset button I discovered at a young age.  



What most worries you?
Dive into it on the page to work toward a healthier perspective.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment