Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday Journal Prompt

“Change your thoughts and you change your world.”

– Norman Vincent Peale, author and minister


While at my nephew’s basketball game at an elementary school, I discovered positive messages posted on the outside of the girls’ bathroom stall doors, messages like “What makes you different makes you beautiful” and “Kindness is power.” 

I thought of times in which I’d shed tears in the girls’ bathrooms of my childhood, hurt by something someone had said to me. Messages on those walls certainly didn’t lift me up. If, as author and minister Norman Vincent Peale says, changing our thoughts can change our world, exposing ourselves to thought-shifting elements like these phrases can transform our outlook.



How might you change your thoughts and thus change your world?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment