Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Journal Prompt

“It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters.”

– Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations

 
Raised Catholic, I no longer attend Mass on a regular basis. Since practicing yoga and reading Buddhist, Hindu, Tao, Jewish and other teachings, my commitment to Catholicism has waned—though I feel my sense of spirituality has risen. Still, I find peace during Mass, as its predictable structure and familiar hymns ground me, especially during times of sadness or uncertainty. 

On a recent cold, gray, rainy weekend afternoon, I felt the urge to go to 5 p.m. Mass. I sat near a man with special needs, flanked by his elderly parents with whom he communicated through sign language. When the priest held up the consecrated host in preparation for Communion, the man raised his arm as if he was at a rock concert, his index finger and pinky finger extended while the rest of his hand was in a fist. He waved his arm and body about, revealing a beaming smile to the congregation. I left Mass feeling a renewed sense of energy, having received the positive vibration radiated by this lovely soul.



When have you been lifted by someone else's spirit?

 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment