Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday Journal Prompt

“Every time I get a script, it’s a matter of trying to know what I could do with it. I see colors, imagery. It has to have a smell. It’s like falling in love.”

 – Paul Newman


Not planning to move, I rarely notice home For Sale signs when driving. However, one stopped me: Rather than touting an updated kitchen or a reduced price, the panel atop a house’s For Sale sign said, “Fall in Love.” Those three words prompted me to look at the house—a charming little home on a country road.

To some degree, isn’t falling in love what we all want? Whether spending time with people, choosing a major in college, selecting a career path, trying out a new restaurant, reading a book by your favorite novelist or traveling to a new town, it’s always a joy to feel the sense of exhilaration and euphoria associated with falling in love. It’s a feeling we get, not something that can be quantified by checking off boxes.



When have you felt the sense of exhilaration associated with falling in love? How might you create opportunities in your life to fall in love in some way?
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment