Sunday, April 16, 2017

Sunday Journal Prompt

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”

 - Mahatma Gandhi

 
For many, Easter Sunday represents rebirth. While we typically associate the holiday with the resurrection of Christ, some say the word for Easter stems from Eostre (or Ostara), an ancient Anglo-Saxon Goddess symbolizing the rebirth of the day at dawn and the rebirth of life in the spring.

Here in the Midwest, the snow has melted and our winter coats are no longer needed. At the university where I work, students play Frisbee on the grassy Oval and engage in leisurely conversations with one another in the sun. Before an event hosted by two of my colleagues, one of them cut this sprig of spring to bring nature indoors.

 
 
What part of yourself would you like to be reborn this spring?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment