Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Journal Prompt

“Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” 

– Robert H. Schuller 


As part of a research project about journaling, I’ve been conducting university workshops and collecting surveys for three years. From about fifty workshops, I’ve gathered nearly one thousand responses, far more than I needed. I’d started an article about the project a few years ago, but didn’t finish it since sifting through all the data seemed overwhelming. Rather than facing the pile of surveys I already had, it was easier to keep saying “yes” to requests for workshops, which of course added to my pile of data.

The task seemed crushing, but, as I discovered this week, not doing the project drained me far more than the three days it took to sort and enter my findings. I still have work to do: analyzing my findings, writing the article, finding an academic journal that will publish it. But it feels good to have taken a crucial step toward a goal I set for myself over three years ago. 


What seems impossible? What’s a first step you can take toward it this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment