Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sunday Journal Prompt

“A library is a place of safety, a haven from the world.” 

– Neil Gaiman 


This week my son and I needed to complete an errand in a town an hour away from home. Upon our arrival, a rottweiler named Rambo barked at and chased Alex in the parking lot beside a truck with the license plate “Monster.” Later the store owner insulted me. Though he quickly apologized, a simple task had turned into a stressful afternoon.

Fortunately, we found a haven. While walking around the town, we discovered a small but beautiful library with a window-seat reading nook that helped restore our sense of peace and equilibrium. Even when I look at the photo, I find myself breathing more deeply.


What’s a haven in your life from daily stressors?



No comments:

Post a Comment