Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sunday Journal Prompt

 “Look at every exit as an entrance to something else.”

– Tom Stoppard

 
Today, the day our youngest child graduates from high school, I’m thinking a lot about life’s transitions—his to his new life that awaits in college and ours at home without children under our roof. 

We don’t know what our new stage will bring, but I’d like to approach it from a different perspective than the term “empty nester” implies. As hard as it will be to have both boys gone, I prefer not to define our circumstances by what’s missing. Rather, I’d like to focus on the possibilities ahead: more time to spend with each other and our own endeavors.



What exits have you had in life, and what did they lead to?
 


 

1 comment:

  1. As you know I reached that stage this year - no kids at home. It's a great adventure - nice to have time to do things for my own well-being, connect with girlfriends, and not have to rush from one extra-curricular event to the other. Plus, I've enjoyed the new connection with the kids as young adults and time for leisure with my husband.

    ReplyDelete