Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sunday Journal Prompt

“True friends are always together in spirit.”

  L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables  


Today we dropped off our youngest child at a church camp he has attended for five years. Even though he sees his camp friends for just one week a year, they are very dear to him—people for whom he feels deep affection. Throughout the year, they text each other to touch base, share funny memories of past camp sessions or make plans for the next summer.

Last month while visiting my hometown, I had lunch with Susan, my mother’s best friend whom I inherited after my mom passed away. Even though I see her only one day a year, we have forged a beautiful friendship over the past twelve years and are wholeheartedly invested in each other’s lives. And I’ve only seen my oldest friend Seth three or four times since we were in eighth grade. Still, we have a special connection and offer each other support across miles and time. 



Have you felt a friendship transcend time and proximity? How might you (continue to) foster that connection?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment